- Outline Data Collection Practices: Clearly state what information is collected, including any Protected Health Information (PHI) and how it is gathered (e.g., through forms, cookies).
- Usage and Disclosure of Information: Explain how the collected information is used and under what circumstances it may be disclosed. This should align with HIPAA’s requirements for PHI handling .
- Security Measures: Describe the security measures in place to protect patient data, emphasizing compliance with HIPAA’s Security Rule .
- Patient Rights: Inform patients of their rights under HIPAA, such as the right to access their data, request amendments, and obtain an account of disclosures.
- HIPAA Compliance Statement: Include a statement affirming your commitment to HIPAA compliance and the protection of PHI.
- User Responsibilities: Outline user responsibilities, especially regarding the submission and handling of PHI.
- Limitations of Liability: Clearly state the limitations of liability concerning the use of your website and the information it provides.
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. (n.d.). Summary of the HIPAA Privacy Rule. https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/laws-regulations/index.html
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. (n.d.). HIPAA Security Rule. https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/security/index.html